logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1140: Added support for extended types.

From charlie at cferrero.net charlie at cferrero.net on Wed Aug 19 21:01:11 BST 2009

Quoting Thilo Hannemann <thannema at gmx.de>:

> Hi everybody,
>
> just wanted to advertise the list of POIs at
> 	http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Garmin/POI_Types
>
> The purpose of this list is to collect experimental evidence about
> which POIs are displayed on which units. There are notable differences
> between the different units. Right now there are entries for the Edge
> (partially), the eTrex, the nüvi 255, the Oregon and MapSource. If you
> investigate the POI types on your unit please enter the results there.
> It would be reasonable to start such a wiki page also for the line and
> polygon types.
>

> Regards
> Thilo
I've created a partial list for the GPSMap76Csx though my aim was
slightly different (I wanted to understand what symbols the hex codes
translated into).  Is there any way we can fork this page into
separate pages per unit otherwise it will get very unwieldly as more
GPSr are added?