logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1140: Added support for extended types.

From Thilo Hannemann thannema at gmx.de on Wed Aug 19 20:12:04 BST 2009

Hi everybody,

just wanted to advertise the list of POIs at
	http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Garmin/POI_Types

The purpose of this list is to collect experimental evidence about
which POIs are displayed on which units. There are notable differences
between the different units. Right now there are entries for the Edge
(partially), the eTrex, the nüvi 255, the Oregon and MapSource. If you
investigate the POI types on your unit please enter the results there.
It would be reasonable to start such a wiki page also for the line and
polygon types.

The information from those pages can then in turn be used to update
resources/garmin_feature_list.csv with the "save" types, that is the
types that behave identical on all units. If we don't keep track on
which units the types worked and on which they didn't work, we will
end up with a list of types that work on *some* units, but not
everywhere.

Regards
Thilo