logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Test if POI is part of a line

From ael witwall3 at disroot.org on Mon Oct 10 20:49:06 BST 2022

On Mon, Oct 10, 2022 at 09:39:11PM +0200, Felix Herwegh wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I'm new here (Hello!), so please be patient if I'm missing points ;-)
>
> @ Felix
>
> >/...so I will put useless [] symbols into the map - as there is no way to
> check whether or not it //*is*//attached to a routable line./
>
> But couldn't you check whether the line the point is attached to later on
> /*would*/ become a routable line? Basically, because the points inherit all

I have mapped gates in a fence/wall which are not on routable lines.
These are very important if you are to find your way out of an enclosure
or field. I am thinking of just such a place on a rugged hillside where
the location of the gate can not be seen until quite close.

I want my OSM/garmin map to show me this sort of thing.

ael