logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Test if POI is part of a line

From Felix Herwegh mlmmduk at herwegh.de on Mon Oct 10 20:39:11 BST 2022

Hey,

I'm new here (Hello!), so please be patient if I'm missing points ;-)

@ Felix

 >/...so I will put useless [] symbols into the map - as there is no way
to check whether or not it //*is*//attached to a routable line./

But couldn't you check whether the line the point is attached to later
on /*would*/ become a routable line? Basically, because the points
inherit all tags from the lines when using --add-poi-to-lines, by
running through the same decision tree that (later on) is used in the
lines file already in the points file? Optimally from some clever
include file to avoid redundancy?

@ Gerd

 > /mkgmap:line2poi=true & highway=* & mkgmap:from-node:barrier=gate [...]/

Why is "mkgmap:line2poi=true" required? Shouldn't only acting on
/mkgmap:from-node:barrier=gate/ in conjunction with the lines tag
suffice here?

Cheers

another Felix