logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Test if POI is part of a line

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Mon Oct 10 21:51:07 BST 2022

On Mon, 10 Oct 2022 at 22:05, ael <witwall3 at disroot.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 10, 2022 at 09:39:11PM +0200, Felix Herwegh wrote:
>

> I have mapped gates in a fence/wall which are not on routable lines.
> These are very important if you are to find your way out of an enclosure
> or field. I am thinking of just such a place on a rugged hillside where
> the location of the gate can not be seen until quite close.

Are you sure this is correct tagging? I think this would merit a
highway=path - maybe with low visibility (key visibility)

> I want my OSM/garmin map to show me this sort of thing.

I'm not proposing this for the default style - any style is different and
everyone wants to filter different things. We cannot show even half of the
data that is inside OSM without ending up with a useless map - so every map
needs to filter according to it's use case. Most maps don't even show
barrier=gate / highway=gate in first place.

> ael

Felix Hartman - Outdoormaps LTD - Openmtbmap.org & VeloMap.org