logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] default style lines enhancements

From Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com on Mon Jul 27 16:55:05 BST 2020

Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com> writes:

> Hi Ticker,
>
> reg. car parks: In what scenario do the additional routable ways help?
> Do you think of a car driver who stops there and tries to calculate a
> pedestrian route to a place which is not yet in sight?
>
> Gerd

All a good discussion about OSM, but I wonder what mkgmap should do.  If
a person can reasonably walk places, the ways should be connected and if
not it is a map bug.  Those bugs as Ticker describes are relatively
frequent.

As I see it the real question is whether mkgmap should make assumptions
that certain ways are connected when they aren't connected in the
database.  The default behavior would be to just process what's there,
with the result that routing is sometimes not so great, in that it
leaves out things you actually can do.  But the most interesting such
things can' be guessed.