logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Performance of POI search on the Device

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Jun 2 07:48:31 BST 2020

Hi Franco,

interesting! The file created with the patched version is quite different. It contains NET and NOD sections and also a MDR (the global index).
Did you try option --x-center-poi-type=0x2f01 with the patched version? Maybe the type is important and 0x6601 was a bad choice.
I've checked only a few tiles, but all of them contained at least one fuel station with additional address info (city/country/phone number). Maybe that's the important thing.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von franco_bez <franco.bez at web.de>
Gesendet: Montag, 1. Juni 2020 23:44
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Performance of POI search on the Device

Hi Gerd,
some more test results:
I switched back to the unpatched mkgmap-r4506.
Instead I added some POIs to the boundary style (all fuel stations).
This helped, now POI search is still fast.
this file gives no problems, includes fuel stations
<http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/476/dach_boundary_gmapsupp.img>

the previous file (see below) triggers the problem.

Ciao,
Franco

franco_bez wrote