logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] How can I force the inners of a boundary relation to display?

From Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com on Sat Dec 8 03:53:58 GMT 2018

Dave Swarthout <daveswarthout at gmail.com> writes:

> I've been adding large Alaskan National Wildlife Refuges to OSM. The
> boundaries weren't displaying so I added a directive in my relations file
> modeled after the administrative boundary code in the default style that
> adds a name to protected areas like so:
>
> (type=boundary | type=multipolygon) & boundary=protected_area & name=*
> { apply
>   {
>     set mkgmap:boundary_name='$(mkgmap:boundary_name)/${name}' | '${name}';
>   }
> }
>
> Then in my lines file I included a line style defined as:
> boundary=nature_reserve
> | boundary=protected_area [0x10e12 resolution 19].
>
> This works well but the lines bounding the inner areas of these relations
> do not render. How can I make them display?

Not what you asked, but I reject the notion that because the tag is
"boundary=protected_area" that what should be rendered is a line on the
boundary, rather than an area.  I view this tag as denoting something
about the area within the polygon -- basically landuse=conservation
and/or leisure=nature_reserve.

So I would treat these boundary tags as being about the area and use a
green fill, and not focus so much on the boundary proper.

I realize that mine is not a universally-held view :-)