logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problems with routing on Etrek 20 with latest firmware

From nwillink osm at pinns.co.uk on Thu Jul 28 18:29:07 BST 2016

2) "Route calculation error";

3) "The route does not match the available maps. Cannot follow the roads
precisely. Do you want to recalculate the the route?" Choosing [Yes]
gives "Route calculation error. Maps do not have routable roads in this
area."

I ALWAYS  get this on my Oregon 450 and GPS64 when I have updated my map.

ie

1) I have previously routed from A to B using map M1
2) I update my gmapsupp to map M2
3) I switch on and select Recent Finds (or something like that) and click on
the route which I created with map M1

I narrowed down the problem to the fact that map M1 and M2 have different
map IDs and for reasons unknown but time will tell routes are linked to a
specific map.

I can still use the shortcut but have to move my cursor  to a slightly
different place and press GO.