logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problems with routing on Etrek 20 with latest firmware

From Gary Bamford garybamford at hotmail.com on Thu Jul 28 18:43:53 BST 2016

I have seen something similar, but only when i copy a map to the gps, rather than copy it to the sd card and then put the sd card into the gps, power cycling the gps after copying your new map may solve the problem

________________________________
From: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> on behalf of nwillink <osm at pinns.co.uk>
Sent: 28 July 2016 17:29
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Problems with routing on Etrek 20 with latest firmware

2) "Route calculation error";

3) "The route does not match the available maps. Cannot follow the roads
precisely. Do you want to recalculate the the route?" Choosing [Yes]
gives "Route calculation error. Maps do not have routable roads in this
area."

I ALWAYS  get this on my Oregon 450 and GPS64 when I have updated my map.

ie

1) I have previously routed from A to B using map M1
2) I update my gmapsupp to map M2
3) I switch on and select Recent Finds (or something like that) and click on
the route which I created with map M1

I narrowed down the problem to the fact that map M1 and M2 have different
map IDs and for reasons unknown but time will tell routes are linked to a
specific map.

I can still use the shortcut but have to move my cursor  to a slightly
different place and press GO.