logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Country unification in address search

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Thu Nov 12 19:52:29 GMT 2015

Well I use the bounds file - updated every month or so from here:
http://osm.thkukuk.de/data/bounds-latest.zip
As for my address rules - I have the same rules for set mkgmap:country
as in the default style.

I wonder if adding:
mkgmap:country=AT {set mkgmap:country=AUT}
mkgmap:country=Aut {set mkgmap:country=AUT}

would be of any help. But if I assume that the bug is in the bounds file
- couldn't there be a possibility for mkgmap to harmonize it according
to locator.config rules - they are pretty much covering all problem cases.
Felix

On 12.11.2015 08:56, Gerd Petermann wrote:

> Hi Felix,
>

> I think the results depends on the bounds file and your style.
>
> For example, we used to have the rule
>
> mkgmap:country!=* & addr:country=* { set
> mkgmap:country='${addr:country}' }
>
> in inc/address. The tag addr:country typically contains a 3-byte-ISO
> code like AUT,
>
> but we expect 2-byte-code in mkgmap:country.
>
> So, now we have the rule
>
> mkgmap:country!=* & addr:country=* { set
> mkgmap:country='${addr:country|country-ISO:}' }
>
> I am not sure if the "wrong" value was written to the img file, but it
> caused problems in the
>
> housenumber code. If that doesn't help, please post details that allow
> to reproduce the problem.

keep on biking and discovering new trails

Felix
openmtbmap.org & www.velomap.org