logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Request for feature: show wrong roundabouts

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Mon May 4 14:43:38 BST 2015

Hi Gerd,

On Mon, May 04, Gerd Petermann wrote:

> The check works like this:
> For each road, the LocationHook sets the values like
> mkgmap:admin_level2 .. mkgmap:admin_level10
> These are used in inc/address  to set the mkgmap:country
> which in turn is used to get the drive_on rule from
> resources\LocatorConfig.xml
> When this returns a wrong result, I guess that either
> the LocationHook sets a wrong mkgmap:admin_level2
> or the country is missing in LocatorConfig.xml.

Ok, I had in mind that we count the roundabouts. But if this
is not the case ...
For example on the channel islands, there are a log of wrong
mapped roundabouts (according to the OSM wiki), and I hoped
to find them easier.

But getting a warning that a country is missing in LocatorConfig.xml
or that mkgmap:admin_level2 could be wrong would help already
a lot.

Else this "SEVERE" log is pretty useless.

  Thanks,
   Thorsten

GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)