logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] overview2 branch -- sea not rendered at resolution 12

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed May 8 07:15:44 BST 2013

Hi all,

> Well, I first thought it would be a Mapsource/Basecamp bug, but actually
> mkgmap overview2 is not rendering the sea tiles down to resolution 12.
> The lowest resolution working is resolution 14... -- at 13 some sea is
> rendered, at 12 no sea at all is rendered. I think unlike in my earlier
> reply to Henning - that this is some internal bug (maybe related to that
> before 13 was the resolution of the overview map)

I assume the polygons generated by SeaGenerator are too small, means, they are all filtered
in the low resolution levels. Maybe we can implement a merge-polygons function to solve this
problem. Anyway, this is probably not directly related to the overview stuff.

> Else I really think that the branch can be merged. It is really working
> well now... - and I played around a lot with it.

:-)
Please post a diff for the default style (or a zip file containing all files). I do not fully
understand the changes.

> Only other thing is maybe to have an option to delete / not delete the
> ovm*.img files after creation.

Yes, I think an option is ok. I prefer to have the files as it helps debugging.

> Resolution 12 is great for continent maps like Europe (not fully needed
> - 14 could do), or Asia (13 is a must, 12 would be much better).

Please place that knowledge as a comment in the style options file.
Maybe you can also add something to the doc files?