logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] overview2 branch -- sea not rendered at resolution 12

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Wed May 8 12:41:52 BST 2013

On 08.05.2013 02:15, Gerd Petermann wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> > Well, I first thought it would be a Mapsource/Basecamp bug, but
> actually
> > mkgmap overview2 is not rendering the sea tiles down to resolution 12.
> > The lowest resolution working is resolution 14... -- at 13 some sea is
> > rendered, at 12 no sea at all is rendered. I think unlike in my earlier
> > reply to Henning - that this is some internal bug (maybe related to
> that
> > before 13 was the resolution of the overview map)
>
> I assume the polygons generated by SeaGenerator are too small, means,
> they are all filtered
> in the low resolution levels. Maybe we can implement a merge-polygons
> function to solve this
> problem. Anyway, this is probably not directly related to the overview
> stuff.
that's what I first thought too. But then I looked at a map created with
the same settings using the old overview2 branch (before multiple
levels) - which was done at resolution 13. And there no sea at all was
missing - while now at 13 it is mostly gone. So I guessed that there
must be some other problem...