logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Footways/cycleways and motorcars

From Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org on Thu Jun 16 01:58:18 BST 2011

On 06/15/2011 03:59 PM, Francisco Moraes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The other day, while routing to a geocache, my Oregon wanted me to
> "turn" into a greenway which was close to where the geocache would be.
> Is there a way to avoid this by default? Seems to me that the default
> style should imply motorcar=no on footway and probably also on a cycleway.
>
> If not, should I change the greenways to add the explicit motorcar=no or
> doing that via style is better? I have not used styles, so I assume it
> would be simple to override the default just for that.

I think this is a bug with the Garmin software, given I've seen similar
issues with the off-the-shelf Navteq data as well.  I believe the
Garmin's trying to get you as close as it can given the mode you're set
for, and then assuming you'll get out of your car to go the last few yards.