logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Flooding of sea - this time inside the middle of the Alps, not related to geofabrik cutting

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Fri Feb 26 10:49:23 GMT 2010

Felix,

> I looked for an anti-lake, but could not find one...
> I think ultimately we would need some check against flooding. Easiest
> maybe would be if there are more than 30 forest polygons inside water
> (without natural=land) and if so, then assume tile is flooded and put
> land into the whole tile. Much better to miss some sea, then to have
> flooding.

Agreed, sanity checking the sea areas (do they contain roads/cities)
would make sense because at the moment it only needs a tile to contain
a single way tagged natural=coastline and it is likely to get flooded.

Mark