logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Flooding of sea - this time inside the middle of the Alps, not related to geofabrik cutting

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Fri Feb 26 10:52:28 GMT 2010

On 26.02.2010 11:49, Mark Burton wrote:
> Felix,
>

>> I looked for an anti-lake, but could not find one...
>> I think ultimately we would need some check against flooding. Easiest
>> maybe would be if there are more than 30 forest polygons inside water
>> (without natural=land) and if so, then assume tile is flooded and put
>> land into the whole tile. Much better to miss some sea, then to have
>> flooding.
>>
> Agreed, sanity checking the sea areas (do they contain roads/cities)
> would make sense because at the moment it only needs a tile to contain
> a single way tagged natural=coastline and it is likely to get flooded.
>
> Mark

Couldn't there be some sanity checking using the multipolygon code?
Maybe remove sea polygon once more than 1000 polygons want to cut inside
the sea, and no more than 5% are natural=land (so that regions with many
islands are still having sea, though I doubt that any single tile can
contain more than 500 islands). It should be possible somehow to check
for something that is so easily detectable by human mind...