logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] backwards compatability: mapfeatures

From Torsten Leistikow de_muur at gmx.de on Sun Feb 22 19:25:15 GMT 2009

Steve Ratcliffe schrieb:
> We treat every point with a
> garmin code between 0x0100 and 0x1100 as a city although this
> was a temporary arangement, and its clearly not going to work for your
> map.
>
> Does that fact match the problems you see?

In my example all icons with code numbers 0x01?? are not display when
the map is build with the actual mkgmap. So this is explained.

But some other icons are also missing. Interestingly one icon (0x400c)
is twice displayed correctly for a bus-stop and a bus-station, but the
same icon (0x400c) is not displayed for a tram-stop. Maybe this is just
a side effect of the 0x01?? codes, the garmin products are often
behaving very strangly, when you play around with the code numbers.

But still, if I modify my mapfeatures-file and leave out all 0x01??
codes (but I leave them in the typ-file), it is not working 100% like
the old version. The problem with the tram stop for example stays.

The problem must also be older than version 856. I tried the modified
mapfeatures-file with version 821, and the result is the same as with
the actual version. So somewhere between 659 and 821 there must have
been a change, where some of my icons get lost.

Gruss
Torsten