logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] backwards compatability: mapfeatures

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.demon.co.uk on Sun Feb 22 18:42:38 GMT 2009

Hi

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 06:01:06PM +0100, Torsten Leistikow wrote:
> I am using mkgmap for building a topo-map with a lot of selfmade icons.
> Since it is working ok (and in my opinion a little easier to keep the
> overview), I am still using the mapfeatures option.

Thats no problem, it should be perfectly backward compatible as the
mapfeatures file is just converted inside mkgmap to the new form.

> version r659, but if I use a more recent version, only some of the icons
> are created, some are missing and some get a wrong symbol.

I've tracked down the version where it went wrong and it appears to be 856.
This deals with points that are cities.  We treat every point with a
garmin code between 0x0100 and 0x1100 as a city although this
was a temporary arangement, and its clearly not going to work for your
map.

Does that fact match the problems you see?

We probably need a command in the style files to say that a point is a
city.  Mark: what do you think?

..Steve