logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] bug in LineClipper (branches/nod)

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.demon.co.uk on Thu Nov 27 22:52:00 GMT 2008

Hi

I am just about to commit a merge the work from trunk into nod which I hope
doesn't confuse things too much.  Sorry if it does.

> there seems to be something wrong in LineClipper.clip -- it seems to
> create a bunch of zero-node roads, which then cause a crash in

OK, I havn't looked at your patch fully yet, but I see a problem.
MapRoad is a sublass of MapLine, but if one is clipped, then it is copied
as if it were a MapLine.  Therefore it will not get a roadId or a roadDef
set.

> The resulting maps appear to have some segments missing. Do you think
> this might be caused by clipping?

Perhaps, but nothing should be clipped, should it?  There may be a bug
where more is being clipped than should be.  This was recently the case
with polygons and a similar bug caused all polygons to be invisible.

Cheers,
..Steve