logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] bug in LineClipper (branches/nod)

From Robert Vollmert rvollmert-lists at gmx.net on Thu Nov 27 22:24:28 GMT 2008

Hi,

there seems to be something wrong in LineClipper.clip -- it seems to
create a bunch of zero-node roads, which then cause a crash in
RoadDef.writeNod2 due to a null RoadDef.node. Since my attempts to
understand LineClipper.clip failed, I reimplemented it somewhat more
explicitly, patch attached. I won't be offended if you prefer to fix
your algorithm; the patch is quite ugly and I'm not really sure it
works outside my samples.

The resulting maps appear to have some segments missing. Do you think
this might be caused by clipping?

Cheers
Robert