logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] bug in LineClipper (branches/nod)

From Robert Vollmert rvollmert-lists at gmx.net on Fri Nov 28 09:08:05 GMT 2008

On Nov 27, 2008, at 23:52, Steve Ratcliffe wrote:
> I am just about to commit a merge the work from trunk into nod which
> I hope
> doesn't confuse things too much.  Sorry if it does.

Don't worry.

> OK, I havn't looked at your patch fully yet, but I see a problem.
> MapRoad is a sublass of MapLine, but if one is clipped, then it is
> copied
> as if it were a MapLine.  Therefore it will not get a roadId or a
> roadDef
> set.

The patch was intended to provide a functionally equivalent version of
LineClipper.clip (apart from possible bugs). So it shouldn't affect
MapRoad.

Apart from that: LineClipper.clip is called from
FeatureListConverter.clipAndAddLine. This clips the line and then
calls FeatureListConverter.addLine for each part, which creates a
new MapRoad object for such a subline, so each should get its roadId
and roadDef.

Cheers
Robert