logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Ferry line routing issue

From Vukovics Mihály vm at informatik.hu on Wed May 31 14:58:00 BST 2023

Hello Community,

I am struggling with an issue. I am generating Garmin map from OSM o5m
sources(geofabrik) using the built-in style.
Nor the BaseCamp or my Zümo 396LM is unable to calculate route via ferry
lines. The behaviour is very strange, here is an example:

Route from Lille to Dover, all avoidances are disabled: unable to
calculate route, just a straigth line between the citie.
If I am forcing the route inside the service road area of Calais ferry
terminal, the route is calculated correctly.
Even funnier, that when I shape the route directly to the ferry line,
Basecamp swims me on the ferry instead of routing through the port.

This behaviour is occuring with other ferry lines (for example Aberdeen
- Lerwick).

I have checked on openstreetmap and the roads are connected and routable
in the style file.

Here are the example screenshots about the issue.

https://picallow.com/mkgmap-ferry-routing/?usp_success=2&post_id=116783&form_id=27

Any ideas or fix?

Br,
Mihaly