logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Raise an error when levels and dem-dists mismatch

From Daniel Vogelbacher daniel at vogelbacher.name on Sun Jul 10 16:34:21 BST 2022

Hi all,

I've debugged the past two days why a custom map won't be recognized by
my Garmin Oregon 700 device.
The issue was the dem configuration. My style uses this level mapping:

     levels = 0:24, 1:22, 2:20, 3:18, 4:16

While my dem distribution line was:

     dem-dists=3312,6624,9936,13248,16560,19872,23184,26496

So there are only 5 levels defined, but the distribution maps to 8.
(I copied the dem-dists line from Freizeitkarte-style without thinking
about it...)

The build process was successfully, but the map was never listed in the
device map selection. After fixing the level mapping in the style/option
file, the map gets listed.

So may I ask to add a check/exception to prevent building maps when
there is a mismatch between levels vs. dem-dists?
Thank you!

--
Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Daniel Vogelbacher