logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem uploading data to JOSM wit 20 hour old OSM data, maybe a SPLIITTER issue?

From Nelson A. de Oliveira naoliv at gmail.com on Mon Feb 29 11:51:41 GMT 2016

On Sun, Feb 28, 2016 at 11:42 AM, greg crago <gregcrago at gmail.com> wrote:
> Downloading many states and then breaking them up using a 'splitter-type'
> program, gives me the flexibility to edit sections of the country I want to.

For this you can use osmconvert
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmconvert

You can download a full country and split it into multiple parts,
using poly files for this.

Take a look at sections "Bounding-polygon task", "Premade polygon
files" and "Converting to/from POLY format" here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmosis/Polygon_Filter_File_Format

> I thought UPLOAD conflicts only occur when objects I HAVE MODIFIED, conflict
> with objects in the OSM database that have been modified since I download MY
> VERSION. If I have large areas of 'outdated' OSM data, that I do not modify,
> I should not have any problems when I upload, since I am not sending that
> 'untouched' data back to OSM, correct?

It indeed can only conflict on modified objects, but what I was trying
to say is that the chance to create duplicate objects or have
conflicts increases a lot when using older data + editing in a large
area + editing a lot of data.