logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch v1] now option handle-element-version for splitter

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Feb 29 10:39:50 GMT 2016

Hi all,

the attached patch adds the option --handle-element-version

with three possible values "keep", "fake", and "remove".

With "remove" (the default) splitter works like r428,

means, the version of OSM elements is not written to the output files,

I also did not notice any changes regarding performance.

With "keep" splitter writes the version that is found in the input file.

With "fake" splitter sets the version to 1.

I am not sure what to do when the input file(s) contain elements

without (or invalid) version info and option keep is used.

Another special case is the pbf format:

Since r428 splitter always writes version 1 for nodes, this was a work-around

for a problem in the JOSM pbf plugin. This is still done even with --handle-element-version=remove

A last special case: with output=xml and

--handle-element-version=keep  or fake splitter will write api version 0.6 instead of 0.5

A binary based on r428 is available here:
http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/291/splitter.jar

Please let me know what you think about this change.

Gerd
<http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/291/splitter.jar>