logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Suppress Warnings for different Code page

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Wed May 20 20:16:57 BST 2015

I know this is based on:

If the index is created from previously compiled .img files, then the
same code page and sorting options (e.g. --code-page, --latin1) must
be used as were used to compile the individual map tiles.

- but it 's not the way it works. It is rather:
If the index is created from previously compiled .img files, then then only
content in the
same code page  and sorting options (e.g. --code-page, --latin1) as
indicated in the mkgmap call will
be used. Searchable content from wrong codespace previously compiled .img
files may be missing or broken
(but this does not matter if those .img files have no actual searchable
content - e.g. transparent contourlines only maps)

On 20 May 2015 at 21:03, Felix Hartmann <extremecarver at gmail.com> wrote:

> When combinining .img files into a mapset - there is no need to warn about
> different codepages if the added maps do not contain anything to search
> for. So Warnings of the following types:
>
> WARNING: input file 75740000.img has different code page 1252
> WARNING: input file 75740000.img has different charset type 10
> WARNING: input files have different code pages
>

> are not needed if you for example add contourlines only maps into a mapset
> ofther maps. Could there be a possibility to suppress remove those code
> page and charset type warnings?
>

> It would make it easier to read my logs for real errors...
> --
> Felix Hartman - Openmtbmap.org & VeloMap.org
> Floragasse 9/11
> 1040 Wien
> Austria - Österreich

Floragasse 9/11