logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Named bridges not displaying

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu May 21 06:42:23 BST 2015

Hi Dave,

I agree that the rules to set a "name" are very confusing, esp. when it
comes to roads. I guess one reason is that it took a while to discover
that a map object can have 4 labels,
another point is that we don't try to explain the Garmin format in this
manual, instead we presume that the reader knows the details of the
Garmin format quite well.
Maybe it would help to add a chapter with links to
the corresponding manuals and wiki pages.
If you have the time, please propose improvements, the sources are
almost normal text files.

Reg. your questions:
Why not addabel ?
I thought you want to see the bridge name in the map. If that is the case, you have
to set mkgmap:label:1 . If you want to be able to find the bridge in address search,
you can use addlabel without problems.

Why doesn't set name='${bridge:name}' work?
Because it sets the tag name to a new /different value. If it is not followed
by a rule that uses this value to set mkgmap:label:* you will not see a change.

Gerd