logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commuter rail stations

From Walter Schlögl Walter.Schloegl-Resch at aon.at on Sun Feb 1 10:11:13 GMT 2015

I know the following POI numbers.

0x2F08 for Station
0x2F17 for Halt

If you do not need Taxi, you can also reuse this number: 0x2F0A

Walter

From: Brian Egge
Sent: Saturday, January 31, 2015 11:58 PM
To: Development list for mkgmap
Subject: [mkgmap-dev] Commuter rail stations

When I look at POIs with a Garmin map, I have a category for 'Suburban Rail Station'. In the NYC area, there are hundreds of commuter rail stations and a handful of regional stations. Having the two listed separately in the POI search is useful, as usually you are searching for one or the other. When using an mkgmap, it only has the single railway station type. I believe the suburban railway stations can be tagged with commuter=yes, but I do not know what Garmin hex code causes this category to appear. Any idea what the code is or how to figure it out?

Brian