logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Command to transliterate Characters/Cyrillic/Greek into latin1 even for Unicode maps?

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Fri Aug 8 14:17:42 BST 2014

Well I still hope they take that out. For Edge 1000 it was not introduced
at the start, but came with later firmware updates. For other devices
however on newest firmware they are still read in fine..

On 8 August 2014 15:11, Andrzej Popowski <popej at poczta.onet.pl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> once upon a time I asked for similar feature too. I support Felix with
> this request.
>
> Unicode would be a perfect solution for maps, unfortunately I'm afraid
> Garmin has made Unicode unavailable for 3-rd party compilers. As I
> understand, new Garmin devices require Unicode maps to be digitally signed
> by Garmin. New devices mean for example GPSMAP 64, Egde 1000, nuvi 2014
> Essential Line, probably Garmin viago too.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Andrzej

Floragasse 9/11