logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Command to transliterate Characters/Cyrillic/Greek into latin1 even for Unicode maps?

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Fri Aug 8 14:11:38 BST 2014

Hi,

once upon a time I asked for similar feature too. I support Felix with
this request.

Unicode would be a perfect solution for maps, unfortunately I'm afraid
Garmin has made Unicode unavailable for 3-rd party compilers. As I
understand, new Garmin devices require Unicode maps to be digitally
signed by Garmin. New devices mean for example GPSMAP 64, Egde 1000,
nuvi 2014 Essential Line, probably Garmin viago too.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej