logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter r325: improved split algo and new option

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Tue May 6 17:22:00 BST 2014

Seems to be much better now. I don't think I can increase the max-nodes
value though, but for most maps the new algo creates less tiles for the
same max-nodes value (e.g. Austria from 43 down to 35 for me, with the
smallest tile now around 5MB instead of 2.8, and the biggest 12MB
instead of 11MB, for Asia I simultaneously increased max-nodes from 800k
to 900k- so I'm down from 624 tiles to 493.... and size from 970KB-16MB
to now ). So it still seems to depend on the country, but it's already a
lot better...
It's a bit slower (about 10% more time)

On 06.05.2014 13:56, Gerd Petermann wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've applied num-tiles-v1.patch  and improved the split algo, see
> http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/mkgmap-ToDo-list-tp5803388p5805165.html
>

> It is now less likely that splitter creates tiles with a low number of
> nodes, it is more likely that all tiles have nearly  the same number
> of nodes,
> and typically you will see fewer tiles.
> Maybe this also means that you can increase the max-nodes value.
>
> I hope this also reduces the need for complex interactions between
> spltter and mkgmap.

keep on biking and discovering new trails

Felix
openmtbmap.org & www.velomap.org