logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Possible memory reduction in mkgmap

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Jan 13 06:54:54 GMT 2013

Hi,

I looked at some heap dumps and I think the other maps are rather small, and
they use eg. the values() method to iterate over all elements. This method
can't be efficiently implemented in OSMId2Object, so, a lot of code would
need changes if we also try to use a LinkedOSMId2ObjectMap to replace the
LinkedHashMap<Long,xyz>  maps.
So, in short, we can use the patch as it is.

@Steve: Do you want to manage fastutil.jar with ivy or should I add it to
eg. mkgmap\lib?
To avoid confusion with different versions I'd prefer to use exactly the
same jar as in splitter, although mkgmap doesn't (yet) use the
ShortArrayList or LongArrayList classes, so if you want to create the jar
with autojar please make sure that it contains all classes needed by mkgmap
and splitter.

Gerd

GerdP wrote