logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] reduce_peak_mem_v1.patch

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Jan 10 17:31:57 GMT 2013

Hi,

attached is another patch to reduce peak memory usage in mkgmap.
- reduce initial size of typically ArrayList instances which typically
contain few entries
- free way after it was converted in ElementSaver
- free the precomp-sea index in SeaGenerator after usage (the related
HashMap requires ~17Mb)
for each job. I do not yet understand why this is index is a ThreadLocal. I
guess it was planned
to have a single thread just for the index? I think that would be good, but
I don't want to
change that part now because it will probably be changed in the mp_cut
branch.

Ciao,