logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] reduce_peak_mem_v1.patch

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Jan 11 12:01:16 GMT 2013

Hi,

it turned out that the index in the SeaGenerator should NOT be deleted, because it us reused for each job (which also
explains what ThreadLocal is good for ;-)

@WanMil: It would be quite easy to reduce the memory needs for this index.
I assume ~ 1MB would be enough if we just store the information whether the
grid element contains land, see, or both, and calculate the file name instead of
reading it from the index.
Are you still working on the mp_cut branch or do you wait for something from me?
I assume that the precomp-sea handling will change when the mp cut algo changes?

Gerd