logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] how to build mkgmap with local ivy copy?

From Richard Hansen rhansen at bbn.com on Tue Apr 3 16:55:59 BST 2012

On 2012-04-03 08:19, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
> For now, I create the ivy directories manual and link the
> jars into that directories in my build script.
> After looking at the code and reading the ant/ivy documentation,
> I don't think it's possible to point the build process to already
> installed jars with ivy.

Correct.  For each jar, Ivy needs an ivy.xml file that describes that
jar's dependencies (so that Ivy can fetch dependencies of dependencies).

Some jars come with the ivy.xml embedded inside, but that is not common
practice.  The easiest way to get a jar's ivy.xml is to run "ant
resolve" when you next have a network connection.  That also downloads
the jars, of course.

-Richard