logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Option to delete unconnected ways?

From Apollinaris Schoell aschoell at gmail.com on Tue Nov 15 18:14:41 GMT 2011

it has been discussed in a similar form earlier.

it's useless and creates more problems than it solves
- islands have roads not connected to the rest, and yes sometimes we have bridges or ferry lines, but some are accessible by plane only or private boat lines only
- garmin maps are tile based. and many routable lines are not connected within a tile but connected to the next tile. mkgmap can't know what to keep.

a map generated with such an option will be completely broken. The only chance would be to take a whole planet, create a routing graph and filter out by some heuristics to make sure islands are not pruned.