logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Typ file compiler

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Sat Nov 12 11:44:13 GMT 2011

Hi Minko

> I haven't tried the compiler yet but I wonder if programms like typ
> viewer, ati.land.cz and typwiz produce the same txt output from typ
> files or at least compatible with each other (I'm afraid not). If

I'm not too worried about it. To begin with I am going to make the
google code[1] default typ style work, since that seems immediately useful.
I don't mind adding alternative keywords and dealing
with alterative punctuation, but if there are true conflicts, then
everyone will just have to work out which one to follow.

I've only used ati.land.cz and it is mostly a binary editor. It is
able to produce a text file, but it clearly says that it is incomplete
and is unlikely to produce the expected results.
So I am not going to worry about being compatible with it.

I haven't run typwiz yet, tried it under wine, but it didn't
run, so will try it later, it looks really good.

..Steve

[1]
(http://code.google.com/p/mkgmap-style-sheets/source/browse/trunk/typ/world-test/default.txt)