logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Splitter PBF support patch

From Francisco Moraes francisco.moraes at gmail.com on Fri May 20 03:24:08 BST 2011

On 5/19/2011 5:09 PM, mkgmap-dev-request at lists.mkgmap.org.uk wrote:
> 2011/05/19 23:53:11 WARNING (OsmBinHandler): 63240005.osm.pbf: Way
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/107168753 references undefined
> node 1231941341
> 2011/05/19 23:53:11 WARNING (OsmBinHandler): 63240005.osm.pbf: Way
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/107168753 references undefined
> node 1232127462
> 2011/05/19 23:53:11 WARNING (OsmBinHandler): 63240005.osm.pbf: Way
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/107168753 references undefined
> node 1232017145
>
> Could it be that when you delete nodes outside the output tile, you
> forget to delete the node references from the way? I have not seen
> these messages before. Or is the osm.gz output of the splitter equally
> broken, but the mkgmap XML parser is not complaining about ways
> referencing deleted nodes?

Can you check if the regular OSM XML path still works without these
messages?
> Apart from these warnings, I am still getting the warnings about
> unclosed polygons, like this:
>
> 2011/05/19 23:54:39 WARNING (StyledConverter): 63240008.osm.pbf:
> Unclosed way http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/23679990
> [natural=water] should be converted as shape but the start or end
> point lies inside the bbox. Skip it.
>
> For some reason, the pbf splitter workflow failed to issue the data
> error (one dead-end oneway) that I got reported for the same
> finland.osm.pbf when splitting it to osm.gz.
>
> Can you fix these issues?

Can you tell me exactly what file you used for input and the settings
you used? I can give it a try but I would like first to know if my patch
broke anything on the old XML path. I could try to make the selection of
XML or PBF output based on the input instead of the current default of XML.