logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Splitter PBF support patch

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Fri May 20 06:37:47 BST 2011

Hi Francisco,

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 10:24:08PM -0400, Francisco Moraes wrote:
>Can you check if the regular OSM XML path still works without these
>messages?

I am checking that now, but with today's dump instead of yesterday's.
The splitting time is 199s for osm.gz vs 102s for osm.pbf.

The XML path seems to be unaffected by your patch. My filter only passed
two errors, which I will soon correct (so that they should not be in
tomorrow's finland.osm.pbf).

2011/05/20 08:27:10 WARNING (SeaGenerator): 63240001.osm.gz: Converting
anti-island starting at
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=59.96130&mlon=19.95804&zoom=17 into
an island as it is surrounded by water
2011/05/20 08:31:39 WARNING (RouteNode): 63240005.osm.gz: Oneway road
(http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/36917351) goes nowhere at
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=62.27274&mlon=25.77772&zoom=17

>Can you tell me exactly what file you used for input and the settings
>you used?

You can get my scripts at http://www.polkupyoraily.net/osm/. A patch
against my osm2img.sh is attached.

>I can give it a try but I would like first to know if my patch
>broke anything on the old XML path.

Could it make sense to use Osmosis for testing? Convert the split tiles
with Osmosis to a "canonical format", whatever that might be, and ensure
that the XML and Protobuf paths yield the same results. Steve should
have good ideas from the times when he implemented the osm.pbf parser in
mkgmap. One option would be to process the tiles with mkgmap and then
compare the mkgmap log output (after stripping timestamps and sorting
the messages, so that the different ordering of the messages does not
matter).

>I could try to make the selection of XML or PBF output based on the
>input instead of the current default of XML.

That is a good idea.

Best regards,

	Marko