logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] rev 1822 index branch

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Fri Feb 4 15:21:21 GMT 2011

Well done,

finally the first version where search not only works in Mapsource
(street & city or anything else if correct is found), but also now in
Basecamp!
(in Basecamp only streets inside the active tile?? or close to center of
map?? are found, but that's the first time - and the same behaviour as
with City Navigator by Garmin).

Seems that this version is pretty close to be correct (well I think
housenumbers are not yet supported, but correct streetsearch is much
more important of course..).

Only problem is sending to device fails with the usual
mdr_trim_addr.cxx-3923... error.
Besides searching for intersections doesn't work yet (anyone knows if it
works with cgpsmapper created maps??) but I personally have never used
searching for intersections (as the biggest problem is that even with
city Navigator after you have selected the first street, you are still
offered all streets for second street - so you can only find an
intersection if you know the exact name of both streets).