logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] rev 1822 index branch

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Fri Feb 4 15:41:04 GMT 2011

On 04/02/11 15:21, Felix Hartmann wrote:
> Well done,
>
> finally the first version where search not only works in Mapsource
> (street&  city or anything else if correct is found), but also now in
> Basecamp!

That is interesting. One of the changes was that there are two ways
to store a city and the index was only picking up one of those ways due
to a bug. However that shouldn't have affected all the cities. But I did
wonder if those that were seeing the problem were testing against such
cities.

Anyway good news.

I've found a big problem with all the newly implemented sections and so
the next few check-ins will fix this, but may break things until it is
all finished.

> Besides searching for intersections doesn't work yet (anyone knows if it
> works with cgpsmapper created maps??) but I personally have never used
> searching for intersections (as the biggest problem is that even with
> city Navigator after you have selected the first street, you are still
> offered all streets for second street - so you can only find an
> intersection if you know the exact name of both streets).

Yes, I don't test with intersections, if it works it works, and if it
doesn't I'm not bothered at this stage.

..Steve