logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Replacing --add-pois-to-areas with an add_poi action

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Thu Feb 3 21:36:37 GMT 2011

On Thu, Feb 03, 2011 at 05:02:43PM +0100, Torsten Leistikow wrote:
>For some types this might be ok, but for some types I do not want the
>symbol in addition to the polygon.

For some minor map features, I would want only the symbol, not the
polygon. For example, mappers could start drawing bus stop shelters from
Bing aerial images. The shelters would be smaller than the Garmin map
resolution, and thus the POI would be enough.

>So my suggestion would be, to mark all created POIs with an extra tag,
>e.g. mkgmap_created=add-pois-to-areas or something like that.

That would scratch your itch (I would use mkgmap:generated), but it
would not solve the use case that I outlined above. Obviously,
add-pois-to-areas cannot consider areas that are not defined in the
polygons file. Maybe if the polygons file contained a special 'no
operation' rule, no polygon would be generated, but add-pois-to-areas
would still generate POIs.

Best regards,

	Marko