logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Replacing --add-pois-to-areas with an add_poi action

From Torsten Leistikow de_muur at gmx.de on Thu Feb 3 16:02:43 GMT 2011

Ben Konrath schrieb am 03.02.2011 12:51:
> That's a bug. If I recall correctly, the POI should only be added if
> there's no POI with the same name already in the polygon. I should
> really fix this. Thanks for pointing it out.

No, in the OSM data is only a polygon, and AFTER the POI is added to the area, I
have the node and the polygon. The style processing afterwards has no chance to
detect, whether there is a polygon belonging to the node or not. So in the
resulting map I get both, a polygon area and a symbol.

For some types this might be ok, but for some types I do not want the symbol in
addition to the polygon. But the add-pois-to-areas function is only working on
all types or not working at all. And I can not remove such types from the point
style, because in the OSM data there are also nodes of the same type without a
corresponding polygon.

So my suggestion would be, to mark all created POIs with an extra tag, e.g.
mkgmap_created=add-pois-to-areas or something like that.

Then I could use in the points-style a rule like
type=xyz & mkgmap_created!=add-pois-to-areas ...
which would only place a symbol in the map if there is no corresponding polygon.

Gruss
Torsten