logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Missing ways part 2

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Tue Oct 19 20:20:48 BST 2010

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 08:07:47PM +0200, Johann Gail wrote:
>No matter how you name it, "note=mkgamp omit" or "mkgmap=omit". The
>idea behind both is the same bad idea: taging for renderers. You have
>information in the data which is meant to be used by only one single
>renderer.

I agree.

>If you dont want tunnels in your map to show up, then define a
>apropriate style file. Maybe others want to show exactly these tunnels
>in their map.

The question is about a service ramp for a freight railway tunnel. It
was only used while building the tunnel, and it may be used in and after
an emergency. For normal purposes, the underground part of the structure
is useless to see on the map.

I am considering something like this in the beginning of the default
style file:

# Hide unaccessible tunnels
highway=* & tunnel=yes & (access=private|access=no)
& !(foot=*) & !(bicycle=*) {delete highway; delete junction}

This should hide any tunnels that are tagged access=private or access=no
and are not carrying any foot=* or bicycle=* tag (say, pedestrian
tunnels). Would you have anything against that?

	Marko