logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Highway name or ref

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Tue Apr 6 22:18:03 BST 2010

On Apr 6, 2010, at 20:51, Lambertus wrote:

> Someone on the forum seems to have found the solution:
>
> Quote by Vclaw:
>
>> I noticed this same thing on some Garmin maps I was making. I think
>> its caused by the highway shields, as the Garmin can't display those
>> as well as the name at the same time. I fixed it by setting the
>> "display_name" for the highways. eg a style rule like this:
>
>> highway=primary {name '${ref|highway-symbol:box} ${name}' |
>> '${ref|highway-symbol:box}' | '${name}'; add display_name = '$
>
> It's aparently the second part of this patch of which only the first
> part has been committed:
> <http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/pipermail/mkgmap-dev/2009q4/005056.html>

Yes, I think it was decided not to include the display_name stuff in the default style, since it was unclear if this would be generally useful.

However if more people find this helpful, and if we now have more functions which make use of the multiple labels, it may be time to reconsider adding some display_name statements to the lines file in the default style.

Cheers.