logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] access=no on a cycleway doesn't work?

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Tue Nov 24 18:36:52 GMT 2009

Toby Speight wrote:
> 0> In article <4B0B98CF.9070208 at gmail.com>,
> 0> Felix Hartmann <URL:mailto:extremecarver at googlemail.com> ("Felix") wrote:
>
> Felix> If there is a footway with smoothness=very_bad
> Felix>
> Felix> Only one of the above rules will be enacted.
> Felix>
> Felix> If you want that both happens, you have to put a rule:
> Felix>
> Felix> smoothness=very_bad & highway=footway {add access = no; add foot = yes,......}
> Felix>
> Felix>
> Felix> As the first rule matches, no other unconditional rule will be enacted
> Felix> on a way/line.  Only a condition [0x*...] rule will match again.
>
> Ah, I understand now.  Thanks for explaining it for me.
>
> That's a bit of a nuisance, really.  ;-(
>

> 0> In article <4B0BF8F4.20307 at gmx.de>,
> 0> Torsten Leistikow <URL:mailto:de_muur at gmx.de> ("Torsten") wrote:
>
> Torsten> You could take a look at the style-branch, which deals with
> Torsten> this problem.  Unfortunatly this branch does not solve the
> Torsten> problem completely and there isn't much work in progress on
> Torsten> this topic at the moment.
>
> That's certainly interesting to me.  I don't suppose there's a wiki page
> that documents what problems it's trying to solve, and what approach is
> taken?  If not, I'm willing to start one, with my own ideas, and ask for
> corrections.

Besides having bugs, the style branch has the approach that only the
first rule is matched. So you could write rules from more restrictive to
less restrictive.

Ideas about how it (from the principle, not the code) had been inside
the discussions about the style-branch. Look into the e-mail archives
for it.

I must say that I prefer the current approach over the style-branch
approach, though both will not help you to create millions of lines if
you want to have several keys matched. But at least can leave your rules
in thematically correct orders, instead of needing to split the rules
for order (making it very very hard to
copy/paste/create_with_spreadsheet the rules.

Ideal in my eyes would be several passes. So you classify run 1, run 2,
run x and each subsequent run will match all lines as if no rule had
matched yet - but also prefer to have no need for ordering but inside on
run go from specific to unspecific.