logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Overview Map still broken

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Sun Nov 22 22:26:51 GMT 2009

Felix Hartmann wrote:

> Valentijn Sessink wrote:
>> Felix,
>>
>> I just had an issue where one of the submaps goes missing. Could my
>> problem be the same as yours? Could you check rendering the same map
>> with mkgmap r1362 and see if this restores your overview map? And if
>> r1363 makes it go wrong?
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Valentijn
>>
>> Felix Hartmann schreef:
>>
>>> I am not sure if you are aware, that the overview map still is not
>>> correct (this causes on my compile of Asia large parts of the map to be
>>> invisible in Mapsource).[...]
>>>
> Will do later. areas missing could be a new problem. The other problem
> of the outer borders being clipped depending on zoom level, has been
> since day 0 (or so). If I use gmaptool/maptk to create the overview
> map - this problem is not there (actually I will try for Asia whether
> gmaptool/maptk can create overview map for Asia - or if there is a
> problem with Mapsource on very large areas (though Worldmap from
> Garmin works in the whole world...).
No 1362 doesn't solve anything. Also gmaptool creates broken overview
map (actually nothing visible at all). Seems to be a Mapsource
limitation here (still the problem of lines near the boarder of the
overview map sometimes getting kicked out once zoom into the second
level from the lowest. (e.g. overview map = 13, 1 level at 16 second at
18, once at 18 line will be not visible anymore).

Has anyone been able to view a worldmap mkgmap/cgpsmapper created in
Mapsource (I think there is some prob +-80° with Mapsource - maybe thats
why Asia overview maps seems to be broken)