logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Overview Map still broken

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Sun Nov 22 21:23:42 GMT 2009

Valentijn Sessink wrote:
> Felix,
>
> I just had an issue where one of the submaps goes missing. Could my
> problem be the same as yours? Could you check rendering the same map
> with mkgmap r1362 and see if this restores your overview map? And if
> r1363 makes it go wrong?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Valentijn
>
> Felix Hartmann schreef:
>
>> I am not sure if you are aware, that the overview map still is not
>> correct (this causes on my compile of Asia large parts of the map to be
>> invisible in Mapsource).[...]
Will do later. areas missing could be a new problem. The other problem
of the outer borders being clipped depending on zoom level, has been
since day 0 (or so). If I use gmaptool/maptk to create the overview map
- this problem is not there (actually I will try for Asia whether
gmaptool/maptk can create overview map for Asia - or if there is a
problem with Mapsource on very large areas (though Worldmap from Garmin
works in the whole world...).