logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1304: Dead end road warning level can now be specified.

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Thu Oct 22 22:03:22 BST 2009

Marko,

> Thanks, we will see about that tomorrow.  Actually, I did the first run
> on a couple of days old snapshot.  With this morning's snapshot, I still
> get the error.  The clone-off point should be around 10pm (can't remember
> if it was German or Finnish time), and the map should be available for
> download on Geofabrik's server in the morning.

I can't remember exactly but I think it was changed somewhere around
7-8AM this morning.

> The warnings are great.  JOSM's Validator plugin is not catching the
> confluence of oneways, and it can't possibly catch the roundabout direction.
> You see, I am already using that new word.  mkgmap is serving an educational
> purpose as well. :-)

Great, now I need to find another 15 century word to describe the
opposite situation where multiple oneway roads start at the same
point. At the moment it just says: "Source of oneway roads" but that's
boring, don't you think?

Incidentally, if you specify --report-dead-ends=2 you will get a large
number of warnings (certainly, the GB data has a lot). Some of those
will be genuine problems that could be fixed so if you really are
feeling bored and want something to do you could sift through those
(for your region, of course).

Cheers,

Mark